- Developer's name and contact information (address, phone, email).
- Recipe title.
- Recipe category (appetizer, soup, salad, entree, side, dessert).
- Sponsors included in the recipe.
- Amount of precooked wild rice used in the recipe.
- Ingredient measure along with specific ingredient - to be listed in
the order called for in the directions.
- Directions - provide complete preparation directions including cooking/baking
time, temperature, and type/size of cookware/bakeware.
- Number of servings.
We'll Be the Judge... Recipes will be
judged on: taste, ease of preparation, use of wild rice/sponsor products,
and creativity. Preference will be given to those recipes utilizing more
than two sponsor products and those that can be easily demonstrated (recipes
requiring stove top/microwave cooking preparation or no heating). Up to
16 finalists will be selected.
2017 State Fair Sponsors...
Giant® (frozen or canned vegetables, including NEW Veggie Swap-Ins)
Beef Council (beef cuts)
Pork Board (pork cuts, such as pork loin and ham)
• Northern Canola Growers Association (canola cooking oil, spreads, and sprays)
What's In It For You... Finalists will
be noted in our 2017-2018 brochure and will receive 3 pounds of wild rice,
a signed copy of "Canola Gourmet" cookbook, and a choice of two admission
tickets to the Minnesota State Fair, one wild rice t-shirt/cap, or a signed
copy of "Saga of the Grain."
Finalists have two chances to win cash prizes. A taste test will be conducted
in September and the $500 Grand Prize will be awarded by
a panel of judges. Also in September, all finalists will be posted on our
website for the People's Choice online contest to celebrate
National Rice Month. America will vote for its favorite recipe and one lucky
winner will receive the $250 People's Choice prize!
In addition, finalists have the chance to be nominated as an Automatic
Qualifier in the 2017 World Food
and compete for a total purse of $300,000 in cash and prizes.
Start submitting your recipe creations online beginning May 8. Entries will be accepted from May 8 - June 5, 2017.
View 2016 winning recipes here.
Contest registration has ended.